It all started around 1900 when A.Brasjen bought a ship to trade in peat, coal and reeds. The turf at that time came from the peat and reeds from the weeding and Friesland. All these goods were for years by the Apeldoorn canal to Heerde and Vaassen transport where it was stored in wooden sheds. Where the peat and coal trading from time touched the cane trade was increasing. In 1960 MW Brasjen took over his father's cane trade and about that time he has also taken over reed trade Klement. In 1977 another acquisition place was here the reeds trade Dubbeldam. With the acquisition of Dubbeldam was the reed mowing done on the squint angle until 2010.